In my first two blogs, we have understood how to install Sitecore and we have created a very basic site in Sitecore. So moving further, in this blog we will understand very fundamentals concepts of Sitecore. Its general behavior of human, we first try to implement things first then try to learn.
In my previous blog, we have learned how to install sitecore 8 on your system. In this blog we will cover the following topics
- Integrating Visual Studio with Sitecore
- Creating Template in Sitecore and Storing Content
- Assigning Presentation to Item
- Rendering the page
Lets start covering each topic one by one
This is my first blog on sitecore helper. Here I will guide you how to install Sitecore 8 on your desktop. Before installing sitecore, make sure you fulfill following prerequisite:
- IIS (Click here to know how to install IIS)
- SQL Server 2012 (Recommended) (Click here to know how to install SQL)
- Visual Studio 2012 or any higher version (Recommended)
Also for best performance, make sure your system has 4 GB of RAM.
Since Sitecore in not a free software, so you must have a valid license file provided by sitecore, to complete the setup.